Q. What sort of problems will my insurance cover?
A. A problem is a problem whether you have insurance or not. You can’t let it consume and disrupt all aspects of your daily life. Believe me, your family and employer appreciate timely resolution to challenging circumstances.
Q. Will my insurance cover marriage counseling?
A. Most insurance companies do not cover marriage counseling. But let me just say, if you have to pay for marriage counseling out of your own pocket it is still a lot less expensive than the cost of family misery, loss of individual health and obviously divorce.
Q. If my roof leaks the repairman will guarantee a fix, do you?
A. Sorry, there are no therapeutic guarantees. There is nothing magic about what I do. However, individual desire and motivation, combined with excellent therapeutic intervention, can and does work wonders.
Q. If I agree to counseling will I be stuck there forever?
A. No. I won’t be looking for a diagnosis to keep you or your adolescent in counseling. You and I will be working on ways to give you a slight edge on your challenging situation(s).
Q. What if you aren’t able to accept the insurance we carry?
A. Let’s talk to the insurance company to see what options you have.
Q. What makes you qualified to work with war related issues?
A. Besides my qualifications and experience as a psychotherapist, I am a combat veteran of the Vietnam conflict.
Q. What is a Personal Coach, and how does it differ from psychotherapy?
A. Coaching involves professional intervention that facilitates personal growth for an individual. Coaching emphasizes movement in a positive direction, such as helping an adolescent or young adult exceed their current best in social, home, school, sports, personal goals, etc.
A person may seek out a personal coach because they feel they have the ability and talent, but they just don’t seem to make the progress they want on their own.
The single most compelling reason for parents to engage a personal coach is to help their adolescent or young adult make adjustments and gain that slight edge that is within their grasp, and is so important at their age.
As a personal coach I am excited to guide and inspire your son or daughter to higher possibilities, sometimes beyond their wildest expectations!
* * Psychotherapy is considered treatment of a mental health issue and can be very effective for issues that disrupt your daily life. Psychotherapy does require a diagnosis if an insurance company is expected to reimburse for it.
(Insurance does not cover a personal coach)
Both psychotherapy and personal coaching can finally bring hope to difficult situations!
SIX TIPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL COUNSELING OR COACHING EXPERIENCE!
- Know what you are looking for in an effective personal coach or counselor. There are many counseling theories and styles.
- Don’t accept a counselor who doesn’t have satisfactory experience and success with your therapeutic goals.
- Don’t assume every professional has the training and/or experience needed for your situation.
- Personal success COACHING is a strength based program designed toward positive personal improvement for youth. If things are good at home, school or work for your adolescent, and you would like them to get even better, an effective nine to twelve week program will be an excellent way to jump start a learning experience.
- If your choice of personal coach or counselor doesn’t work out, ask for a referral to someone who better fits your needs.
- If things are bad right now, don’t wait for it to get worse. Things can actually get better.
Give me a call. Leave your name and phone number for schedule availability.
Think about it… The right coach or counselor can help you and your family.